Thursday, December 5, 2013

Get ready...

Well, it's Thursday night, well actually Friday morning. The house is clean, suitcases are nearly packed, technology is almost complying to demands...I'm almost ready to go to the IKGA World Championships in Mumbai, India. The Canadian team is a small but determined lot...two competitors, two coaches, a team manager and one referee make up the team. John Priegert Shihan will be representing IKGA Canada at all the official functions. Our competitors have their supporters...parents for backup. Nearly everything is in place!

I have a lot to do over the next 10 days or so. It will be a very busy couple of weeks, but I'm sure it will be well worth every minute of it! In addition to trying to keep this new blog up to date, I will be updating the IKGA website blog with tournament results and photos, attending meetings and discussions with Saiko Shihan about changes and additions to the website, fitting in the IKGA Congress, training with the team, making sure everyone has enough water, food and rest, referee clinic, managers meeting, taking photos, and if we have some time I need to try to get in a bit of sightseeing while half-way round the world, in a country that I never would have thought I would have had the chance to see!

This will be quite the trip, and I'm looking forward to posting regular updates. Only a matter of hours now...Next stop...India!

No comments:

Post a Comment